What do you do WHEN you have mold damage?

Facing mold damage can be a serious concern, especially when it follows water damage, posing a threat to your property's integrity. To make matters worse, mold carries the potential for severe health issues, producing allergens, irritants, and even toxic substances (mycotoxins). Exposure to mold or its spores may trigger allergic reactions, including asthma, fever symptoms, sneezing, a runny nose, red eyes, itching, and skin rash (dermatitis). Allergic reactions to mold are common, occurring either immediately or with a delayed onset. Safeguard your loved ones from these ailments—swift action is crucial.

Mold usually comes after water damage and can be a serious threat to the integrity of the property. To make matters worse, mold has the potential to cause serious health problems. They produce allergens, irritants, and in some cases, toxic substances (mycotoxins). Exposure to mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions.

These may include:

  • Asthma
  • Fever symptoms
  • Sneezing
  • Runny nose
  • Red eyes
  • Itching
  • Skin rash (dermatitis)

Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Please don’t allow your loved ones to be exposed to these ailments.


The information contained on this page is intended to provide insight into our Property Claims process. The information is not intended to replace policy language that determines coverage. If you have questions about your policy, please contact your agent.